Monday, November 27, 2006

Into the wild white yonder?

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Kenny and I are leaving Seattle around 4:00 and then are off to Christchurch, New Zealand via LAX (where we'll meet up with Donovan and Hans Christian, who make up another 40% of our party) and Auckland, New Zealand. We're meeting up with Maurice Conway, whom I haven't met yet, in Auckland. He'll be our medic and guide for the trip. HC and myself are the two rookies, while everyone else has already been to Antarctica at least once. I learned this past week that Kenny spent over 500 days in a row there once!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. My dad, stepmom, and sister came out from North Dakota to visit me. We ate a whole bunch and I bought fancy socks at REI so I don't get cold feet. I am also now in possession of a digital camera, so hopefully I'll be able to upload photos relatively frequently. I also got a pretty severe haircut this weekend. I just didn't want to deal with my longish hair while out on the ice, so I chopped it all off. The picture below is my boyfriend, Matt, and me after my haircut. He's got more now than I do!



I had better get back to the makeup work I've been slowly chipping away at. Since I'm missing two weeks of classes, I have to try and get my assignments done in advance. I've got a lot left, and it's already 3:00 AM. It's looking like my last essay for debate will likely be mailed from the McMurdo Station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home