Monday, March 24, 2008

Early morning lab worker

Greetings. I am in the midst of one of two two-day experiments to be carried out this week. Provided everything goes correctly (knock on Benchkote), it's all that stands between me and being able to complete my thesis. I don't really get a spring break as a result (we're on quarters here so I just finished up finals last week), but it's sooo much easier to do these now rather than trying to work them around my spring quarter schedule.

I've been here every six hours for the past twenty-four and will be staying on through this evening. Even in its new, lesser Zipcar incarnation, Flexcar is still seriously, like, the best thing ever. (Note: I will continue to reference the halcyon days of Flexcar being Flexcar, not Zipcar, indefinitely...$50 late fees? Come on, guys). Rather than taking the bus up from Capitol Hill to the U-District at 6:00 AM on Easter Sunday to walk half a mile onto campus in the rain after a recent string of assaults, I booked an hour with a Honda Civic hybrid for $10.50, drove up, and parked 20 feet away from where I was going. I did the same thing for the 1:00 AM run. Driving in the rain is assuredly less terrifying than being dragged off into the shrubs and bludgeoned.

I had best start labeling my tubes. Happy Easter and/or Spring Break.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger nae4blue said...

"Driving in the rain is assuredly less terrifying than being dragged off into the shrubs and bludgeoned."

Highlight sentence. Poetic. Love.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home